Phone Triage Nurse
Franklin, TN | USA
Franklin Dermatology Group is pleased to announce that we are currently accepting applications for the full-time (Monday – Friday) position of Phone Nurse – Triage.
Our award-winning Cool Springs practice is growing and we are looking to add to our dynamic team. Our phone triage nurses utilize their nursing assessment skills and our clinical protocol guidelines to provide efficient care and schedule appointments for surgeries, biopsy follow-ups, and work-in appointments.
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires heavy use of the telephone. Applicants MUST be comfortable making and taking calls from patients AND MUST be willing and able to spend the majority of their day seated while on the telephone.
A few things to get out of the way right up front: We are not your typical doctor’s office. Our physicians and providers are the very best at what they do and our entire office has to function at a very high level to succeed. You will work hard here — but you will also learn, see, and do more here than at any other dermatologist’s office. Unlike other offices:
- We are a gossip and drama-free zone.
- We don’t give out awards just for showing up to work on time.
- There is rarely any downtime during the day.
- We don’t know the meaning of the phrase “that’s not my job.”
- We have a passion for medicine.
- We are proud and passionate about the level of patient care we deliver. Seriously. Thorough, extraordinary patient care is why we are all here.
If this sounds like too much for you, no hard feelings!! We are definitely not a good fit for everyone. But if this sounds like ‘your kind of place,’ please read on!
Our Ideal Candidate Should:
- Possess outstanding customer service skills and have a professional appearance and demeanor
- Be confident, curious, and personable
- Be able to thrive in a very fast-paced professional environment
- Be able to multitask while paying attention to detail
- Be reliable, accountable, and responsible
- Possess great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be able to consistently deliver exemplary patient care and customer service (even when delivering potentially troubling test results)
- Be capable of independent research and problem-solving
- Possess a strong knowledge of telephone-based clinical assessment techniques coupled with strong clinical skills including excellent anatomy knowledge
- Have experience/familiarity with electronic medical records (EMR) system(s). [We use NexTech.]
- Have current CPR certification and current health records with the appropriate immunizations to work in the health care field
- Be able to pass a thorough background and references check
Education: RN degree or LPN preferred. Certified Medical Assistant (MA) with on-the-job experience in triage considered. Must provide current TN state license or certification. Previous dermatology experience is very helpful but not required.
Work Environment: We are a fast-paced, busy dermatology practice in the heart of Cool springs. We were named “Best Dermatologist” in the Pick of Williamson Reader’s Choice Awards, a “Top Doctor” in Nashville Lifestyles magazine, and “Best of Nashville – Dermatologist” by the Tennessean because of our commitment to excellence at all levels of our organization. Our office is busy every day, so we rely on our team members to pitch in and support one another whenever and wherever needed. In return for a solid day’s work, we provide excellent pay and benefits, perks of the dermatology/aesthetic industry, and a positive work environment in a modern office with great staff & providers.
Interested or know someone who might be interested? Please apply below, email your resume and pertinent info to info (at) FranklinDerm (dot) net or fax to (615) 771-0050. No phone calls, please. Please feel free to share this opportunity with your friends, family, and professional & social networks!